3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon
2 1/3 cups
1 1/2 tsp
1 can (20 oz)
DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, drained, reserve juice
1 can (8 oz)
DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
orange liqueur (optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9 to 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line bottom with parchment or wax paper.
- Step 2
- Combine eggs, 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, sugar, and almond extract in large bowl. Mix with hand mixer for two minutes.
- Step 3
- Stir baking powder, almond meal, and salt in a separate bowl with a whisk. Combine dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients. Stir in drained pineapple and mix well.
- Step 4
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Step 5
- Combine undrained pineapple, sugar, cornstarch, and orange liqueur in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Step 6
- Remove springform ring and spread topping on top of cake. Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.